I have lost my cute little cuddly Rocky. In his place is a handsome, obedient, lovable 9 month old dog who just so happens to answer to the name Rocky! Today Rocky turned 9 months old! I can’t believe how fast that he has grown up!
[Rocky at 9 weeks curled up on his bed asleep]
Rocky spent his 9 month birthday just like any other Sunday, but today he had some extra tests that he passed with flying colors. Rocky goes to kids church with me to teach 1st grade; I love how the kids tell new kids or those who forget that they can’t pet Rocky till after church is over. When one of my little first graders was getting picked up, his little sister who was about 1 ½ years old, started streaming in the highest pitch scream possible and came running at Rocky and gave him a big hug. Rocky stayed calm and accepted the hug while maintaining his sit stay. I was so proud of him! He then got to go to big church and sleep through the service. The rest of the afternoon he took a nap, played and went for a walk. He is now curled up on his bed beside the Christmas tree.
Every day I am reminded just how blessed I am to have such an awesome puppy to raise.
[Rocky at 9 months sitting in the yard looking to the left. He is wearing his blue puppy coat and blue collar. The sun is hitting his face, which adds a glow to his face]
9 things that I love about Rocky
1) He is a mama’s boy and loves for the whole family to be together
2) He fluffs all of his beds before he settles down.
3) Rocky is hilarious chewing his bones on the furniture. He takes his bone and carries it over to the sofa, chair, wall and anything else that will work, props his bone up and chews away.
4) Rocky is the softest male lab that I have met, especially his ears
5) He loves the hair dryer; he comes running when you turn it on. Rocky likes his ears and chest to be blow dried.
6) He is a very easy going puppy, which makes him super easy to take him anywhere.
7) Ice is better than food in Rocky’s book.
8) Rocky loves everyone he meets, he especially shows an extra liking to people in wheelchairs and special needs individuals.
9) I love that Rocky has a very precise potty schedule! I have never had a puppy that was as precise as Rocky.
[Rocky sitting in the yard at 9 months. Close up off his face with the sun hitting his face]
Rocky is so smart and is such a quick learner. He gets along great with everyone and is just so happy to be by your side on another adventure.
Happy 9 month birthday Rocky!