Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
[Rocky from the chest up wearing a red snowflake bandana looking to the side with a field in the back ground]
I can’t believe Rocky turned 8 months old on Friday! I can’t believe I have had him for 6 months already! He has grown up so much in the past month and is so comfortable with anything he gets exposed to. He is now up to 65.8 lbs. and still growing! What I really don’t understand is that there is just a 10 lb difference between Rocky and Ely. Rocky is just good about hiding his weight! I don’t believe that Rocky realizes that he is quite so big, he still tries to get through places that he went when he was little; granted he makes it, just takes a little bit more maneuvering.
[Rocky sitting in field wearing his blue puppy in training coat]
8 things about Rocky on his 8 month birthday
1) Rocky is the only dog I know who enjoys loud noises; most dogs move away from loud noises, but Rocky seems to enjoy them. He especially loves the hairdryer and the vacuum cleaner.
2) He loves to be under stuff. When he goes to class with me he loves to be right under my chair.
3) He is great on leash walking right where he is supposed to be.
4) Rocky has a great memory, if he gets corrected for something, he normally won’t do it again. He is also great at figuring out stuff. (Like how to open doors that aren’t latched.) He is one smart boy!
5) He is a snugger, I love snuggles! Rocky loves to snuggle up next to Ely.
6) He is a very laid back pup; when he was little he was a rock on the end of the leash, he is no longer that, but people can’t believe he is a 8 month old lab, since he is so calm.
7) He loves to go places, doesn’t matter where it is. I know he will do great in any situation.
8) He is a famous pup! He is on a greeting card. Not just any greeting card, but a singing greeting card! (I just can’t let it go to his head that he is now famous.)
[Rocky chewing on his bone with his greeting card in front of him]
[Rocky’s greeting card- Rocky with his front paws hanging out of the car with his head resting on the car (the car is red, it was originally a white car)]
[Rocky asleep on the floor during thanksgiving lunch]Happy late Thanksgiving! Rocky and Ely enjoyed their Thanksgiving hanging out in the woods in the country at my grandparents house. In honor of Rocky, I found a very yummy recipe for Rocky Road pie that I made. Rocky and Ely got to meet some family dogs and went for a long walk. Rocky enjoyed hanging out in the country with his favorite people and his favorite role model, Ely.
[Rocky and I with the finished Rocky Road pie]
Rocky and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I, for one, am very thankful to be able to raise such sweet puppies for such a great cause. I am also thankful for my family and the best pet dog in the world, Ely.
[Rocky sitting with an open field behind him just before sunset on Thanksgiving day]
Monday, November 9, 2009
Here is a little update about the N7 boys! They were some smart little guys and all went through training really fast! This litter had a 80% success rate of being guide dogs, and the 20% couldn’t really help it, since it was medical.
Sherman graduated in August as a guide dog
Buttons graduated in September as a guide dog.
Simon was career changed due to health issues.
Patriot graduated in either September or October as a guide dog.
Beau graduated in October as a guide dog.
It is amazing to think that 5 little puppies could change 5 people’s lives forever! I know that whoever got these boys, whether as guides or pets, are blessed to get such sweet dogs to tackle the world together!
*Pictures taken by SEGDI when the puppies were around 6 weeks old*