Friday, May 14, 2010

Rocky’s training report for May!

I got Rocky’s first report card today! His trainer was out sick, so it was a little later than the rest of the dogs. However, what was on it more than made up for it being a little late. Rocky is being a rock star in college! He is meeting expectations in pretty much every category that he would have been exposed to in phase one! I am a little shocked at how much he has done in just the short 2 or 3 weeks that he has been working with his trainer! I could not be happier with how his training is going!

On the report card they get ++ for exceeding expectations, + for meeting expectations, and W for working on. For Rocky’s first report card he got all +’s , so he is meeting expectations in all the categories he was graded on!

Rocky got meeting expectations in the following categories:

  • Accepts harness
  • Forward
  • Straight line concept
  • Left
  • Right
  • Down curbs
  • Up curbs
  • Traffic
  • Left, Left
  • Right, Right
  • Food scavenging
  • Obedience
  • Scent distractions
  • People distractions
  • Small animal distractions
  • Dog distractions
  • Children distractions
  • Kennel behavior

The trainer’s comment was: Rocky and I have just started working together. He has a great personality and is responding well to training. I enjoy working with him.

I am so happy that he is listening to his trainer and doing an awesome job in college! Keep up the fabulous work, Rocky! You keep on making me proud!

Rocky’s first report card is now displayed proudly on the front of the refrigerator!

4 comments:

  1. That's great that they give you a report card. I didn't know that. Geez, I better get to work with Trapper:) I am sure you are the proud mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good boy Rocky,
    Hope you are enjoying it down there – and please keep Toby company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I knew he would be a great boy though! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!
Rebecca and Joe