Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A trip to the tallest lighthouse in Florida and more beach time

A very tired puppy It was a long way up! Rocky and I outside the lighthouse Mid-morning Thursday we went to the tallest light house in Florida, the Ponce Inlet lighthouse. There were several buildings that were originally the houses of the caretakers, but are now turned into museums. It was really hot out, so Rocky enjoyed sprawling out on the wood floors in the buildings. Rocky decided to leave a part of himself in one of the historical buildings. I just happened to look at his mouth when he was yawning and saw where he had lost a tooth recently. It was his last tiny front tooth. They boys stayed with my dad since I didn’t think it was a good idea for Rocky to go up the 204 steps to the top. They were steep and open and would have been easy for a puppy paw to fall through. I think he was much happier sitting on one of the porches of the buildings. A few minutes after we got down from the lighthouse, it started to pour down rain. Rocky and I got to walk through the rain to get back to the gift shop and to the rest of my family. Rocky looks pretty pitiful when he gets wet.
Inside during the rain
We grabbed a bite to eat and headed back to the hotel to hang out and go to the beach. They enjoyed their walk and I got some great pictures of them.
"I can't see you!"
Rocky playing in the sand
Ely enjoying the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!
Rebecca and Joe