Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!!

We hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July celebrating our country's independence and remembering those who have and are protecting our country and freedom.

I got a call last Monday asking if I would be willing to puppy sit one of the pups in our group due to his raiser having to be hospitalized. I went to pick him up a few minutes after getting off the phone with one of his raisers.

Meet Dakota, he is a 15 week old black goldador who is as sweet as can be! I had forgotten just how much energy a normal puppy has. Ely is ready to send him home when he gets going crazy, but otherwise they get along. Ely actually invited Dakota to play tonight, which is very rare for Ely to do.

Dakota looks very similar to how Sherman looked when he was this age. He also (if it is even possible) makes more of a mess when he drinks than Rocky did, but hopefully he will grow out of it. He is such a cuddle bug and loves to sit on your lap if you are sitting on the floor.

I had forgotten just how much I love having a puppy in training in the house, so I am loving every minute that we are keeping him.

Dakota had a very busy 4th of July. He went to kids church this morning, where all of the kids adored him. It was not the normal Sunday service, it was baptismal this weekend which means there was a big blow up pool out front. Dakota would have loved to go for a swim:) He then slept through the adult service, which is pretty amazing due to the fact that it is really loud! He then got lots more loving from some of Rocky’s fan club. Next up was a trip to Lowes with my parents while I got the run down for a house that I am house sitting (that includes four 5 week old puppies!!!) Dakota was exhausted by the time we got home. He took a short nap, before we headed out to have dinner with some of our family. Dakota did fabulous with 3 small children running around and they absolutely adored him. I think they wore each other out! He has now put himself to bed, which is probably a good thing since there are a ton of fireworks going off outside (they are not fazing him one bit)

As an extra special treat, one of my favorite pictures of Rocky that was taken last year on July 4th

Happy 4th of July!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dakota is adorable! Sounds like you have been keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    My name is Elijah and I'm a first time puppy raiser for Canine Companions for Independence. My puppy, Dembre (Dem-bray), is 3 months old! Feel free to stop by our blog: ccipuppyblog.blogspot.com

    Enjoy,
    Elijah and Dembre

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!
Rebecca and Joe