Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Joe and I hope all our readers had a wonderful Easter. Joe had a very busy first Easter. To start with, we headed to church where Joe helped teach some awesome first graders. At our church, K-5th grade are all in one big room for church, so Joe gets lots of kid exposures. Out of all of the grades, the first grade area is the most popular; there are always a ton of kids from all grades that hang out in our spot. Every Sunday  there are at least 3 or 4 kids that come up to Joe and look at him longing to pet him and I have to ask if they remember the rule. Usually they deep sigh and say “yes, you can’t pet Joe.”  They are usually the same kids each week. My friend picked up on this and said that they are hoping I will forget that rule one Sunday!
My happy little Easter bunny!
After teaching in kids church we headed into a very packed church service. Joe slept through the service like he normally does.  He did have a added distraction Sunday morning. Our church was collecting to restock their food pantry so there was a huge mountain of food in the middle of the lobby.
After church we headed out to eat with part of my family. After lunch Joe came home and took a short nap. 
My not so happy Easter bunny
poor Ely!
While Joe took a nap I sat up his first Easter egg hunt. For the first round Ely (who’s helpers were my sister and her fiancĂ©) and Joe (who I helped) had to find an egg and do the commands that were written on paper inside each egg. Joe got one of the more challenging ones for his helper ;) He had to maintain a sit stay while I got to hop like a bunny around him. Joe was probably wanting to know what was wrong with his crazy puppy raiser :) Both Ely and Joe did what was in their eggs without a problem. Joe seemed to really enjoy more of a challenge to his obedience routine. 
The next round had something special in each egg, which both the boys enjoyed. 
The boys and their Easter baskets
Joe apparently wanted to do another Easter egg hunt
As soon as Joe found his last egg, he had some visitors show up. It was Judy and Tillie, Judy is a current puppy in training in our group and Tillie was career changed a few years ago. Joe and the girls had a blast playing while Ely went inside to chill out. 
Joe and the girls (L to R: Judy, Joe  and Tillie)
We then went over to my grandparents house for dinner. Joe passed a big test; I ate dinner while sitting on the floor and Joe sat right beside me snuggled up next to my leg, he never even looked at my plate of yummy food. I was very proud of my little guy! 
Happy Easter from Joe! ( Joe was practicing his hold command)
Let’s just say Joe came home and went to bed after his busy Easter Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!
Rebecca and Joe