Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Big secret

Some of you know this already because I am horrible at keeping this ‘big secret ‘a secret for the past month.

At the end of March I got a call from my area coordinator telling me that our group would be getting puppies the end of May. They were little Labrador puppies (!) which were what I wanted for time frame purposes since I will be transferring colleges next fall. I got to pick between a yellow girl, 2 black boys and 2 yellow boys. And I selected…..

Drum roll please!

A yellow and a black boy!

Just kidding, though I would take them both in a heart beat I was told I could only have 1. I could not make up my mind on which color I wanted. I have had 2 black and 2 yellows and I kept going back and forth between the two. It took me 2 days to finally decide which one I wanted.

So on May 29th my puppy will be released from the puppy kennel and it will be a…….

Little yellow Labrador boy!

This was actually the first time I got to pick the color of my puppy. Let me tell you it is a whole lot easier to be told what color you are getting than having to decide between the two.

4 comments:

  1. Thats so exciting can't wait to hear more about your yellow boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Can't wait to meet your new boy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new puppy. I do the same - yellow black yellow black except this time I got a lab/golden cross which makes 2 yellows in a row. That's ok - I wanted to see what a cross was like.

    I love the pic on your blog of Colt and Ely - that is too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!
Rebecca and Joe